10 Tips for Your Son to Keep in Mind When He Takes His Mom on a Date
We live in the midst of a culture war. Your son is surrounded on all sides by images and voices that are not what you would want for him. How should a man treat a woman? Society is more than happy to tell your son that it’s with disrespect, disregard and a spirit of conquest. Thankfully, you have the ultimate weapon at your disposal. Mom. Request that your son take his mother on a date. Instruct him on how a gentleman is to behave. Here is a guideline that will help you do just that.
Step by Step Date With Mom
1. Bring her flowers. All women are beautiful and this is a symbol of acknowledgement.
2. Be on time. A man is a leader and a provider. This is a sign of self-discipline.
3. Clean your car. No woman wants to get into your dirty automobile. Women like things clean and straight.
4. Open all doors. It might seem old-fashioned, but a gentle man should open all doors, including the car door.
5. Pull her chair out for her. Before sitting down at the table, first pull her chair out and let her sit first.
6. Use all the manners she taught you. Place your napkin in your lap. Use the proper utensils for the proper course. Chew with your mouth closed!
7. Order for her. This is proper on a formal date. Discuss with her what she would like. Then order for you both. After you finish, be sure to ask if you got it right.
8. Be pleasant and charming. Smile. Engage in conversation that she will enjoy. Do not spend the entire dinner talking about football. Let her lead the conversation to a place she is comfortable.
9. Pay the bill. Discreetly pay the bill without mentioning the cost. Always tip generously!
10. Close out in style. You’ve made it this far, now close the deal. Drive her safely back home. Be charming all the way until the last goodnight.