Tips for parents who don’t live with their children
- Be supportive of your child’s mother/father. Belittling your child’s parent does nothing but bring the children into problems between the two of you.
- Choose to look forward to times with your child.
- Use your times together for working, playing, and talking – not just to entertain and buy presents.
- Don’t ignore sensitive topics. Children will have questions and fears about why their parents aren’t together. Reassure your child that it’s okay to talk about it.
- Encourage your child as much as possible. The way you view your child greatly affects how he/she will view himself/herself.