As this year starts to come to a close, it’s good to begin to think about what you want next year to look like. What do you want to do better? How do you want to grow and mature as a dad, stepdad, husband (if you’re married), or in general, as a person? What could your life look like in a year with a little self development? This is a great time to apply some intentional focus on how to make your life and the lives of your loved ones richer in the next year. One of the ways you can do that is by expanding your knowledge of yourself and your kids from people who have been there and learned valuable lessons to pass on.
We have put together a list of books to help you be a great dad as they share some great fatherhood lessons and provide some tips you can take action on. I would encourage you to choose one or two.
1. For all dads – All Pro Dad by Mark Merrill
2. For the single dad – The Single Dad’s Survival Guide by Mike Klumpp
3. For the stepdad – Winning the Heart of Your Stepchild by Dr. Bob Barnes
4. For the dad with daughters – She Calls Me Daddy by Robert Wolgemuth
6. For the dad with teens – Hurt 2.0 by Chap Clark
7. For the dad with teens – The 5 Love Languages of Teenagers by Gary Chapman
8. For the adventurous dad – Wild at Heart by John Eldridge
9. For the uncommon dad– Uncommon by Tony Dungy
10. For the dad and husband – Lists to Love By For Busy Husbands by Mark & Susan Merrill
Huddle Up Question
Huddle up with your kids and ask, “What is one thing you’d like me to do more in the next year?”