Many have heard me, but no one has seen me, and I will not speak back until spoken to. What am I?
Think about that for a moment and look below to see the answer. Don’t we all love riddles? Well, one thing is certain, kids love riddles and they’re a fun way to inspire conversation. Below are 10 great riddles for kids.
Answer to the riddle above: An echo.
1. A doctor and a boy were fishing. The boy was the doctor’s son, but the doctor was not the boy’s father. Who was the doctor?
2. If six children and two dogs weren’t under an umbrella, how come none of them got wet?
Because it wasn’t raining.
3. Almost everyone needs it, asks for it, gives it, but almost nobody takes it. What is it?
4. A man was driving a black truck. His lights were not on. The moon was not out. A lady was crossing the street. How did the man see her?
It was a bright, sunny day.
5. How many animals did Moses take on the ark?
Moses didn’t take anything on the ark. Noah did.
6. What is something you can put in your pocket that keeps it empty?
A large hole.
7. What belongs to you but is used more by others?
8. What gets wet when drying?
9. What comes once in a minute, twice in a moment, but never in a thousand years?
The letter M.
10. A man started to town with a fox, a goose, and a sack of corn. He came to a stream which he had to cross in a tiny boat. He could only take one across at a time. He could not leave the fox alone with the goose or the goose alone with the corn. How did he get them all safely over the stream?
He took the goose over first and came back. Then he took the fox across and brought the goose back. Next, he took the corn over. He came back alone and took the goose.
Jokes and riddles are a great way to get your family to laugh more. We’ve compiled 10 More Great Riddles for Kids we hope you and the kids will love! Try some today. (or you can try these too!) Need more help in keeping the fun conversations rolling? Trying out some brain teasers on your family. Click here for the brain teaser questions and answers to ask!
Huddle Up Question
Huddle up with your kids and tell them some riddles.