My wife occasionally travels for work. I know she doesn’t look forward to it. She hates being away from me and the kids. So the last time she went on a trip for work I wrote her a note and expressed several things I love about her. It didn’t take long, maybe ten minutes. After I was done I put it in an envelope and slipped it into her bag in a place I knew she would see it. When I talked to her on the phone that night she was gushing. She said she normally felt lonely while traveling, but my note made her feel like I was with her.
Romance defined by most women is simply that their favorite man does something thoughtful for them. Being romantic doesn’t always have to take a lot of brain or purchasing power. Romance defined by most women is simply that their favorite man does something thoughtful for them. Here are 20 easy romantic ideas:
1. Call to see if you can pick up anything on the way home from work.
2. Send a dozen roses: 11 red roses and 1 white one. The note: “You’re the only one for me.”
4. Trace “I love you” on a stick of butter or margarine.
5. When window shopping, secretly note what she likes, then return later to pick up that something special.
6. Put a new piece of jewelry in her jewelry box and wait for her to notice it.
7. Leave written clues that lead her to a restaurant where you are waiting for her.
8. Give her your jacket when she is chilly.
9. Always pull out her chair at dinner.
10. Get tickets for an event and keep it a secret until the day arrives.
11. Hide a greeting card under her pillow.
12. Slip a little love note into her wallet.
13. Serve breakfast in bed using your finest china and crystal.
14. While you are both out, have a friend deliver a gourmet dinner to your home.
15. Place a rose under the car’s windshield wiper.
16. Take a hot air balloon ride.
17. Plan a three-day weekend together.
18. Put a Starbucks gift card on the front seat of her car.
19. Mail her a greeting card when you are away on a business trip.
20. Plan an evening for watching your wedding video.
Sound off: What is the most romantic thing you have done recently?
Huddle Up Question
Huddle up with your wife and your kids and say, “I love you because…”