As dads, we have a lot to be thankful for. We have been blessed with wonderful kids to love, guide, spend time with, and have a lot of fun in the process. Many of us get to share this amazing and rewarding responsibility with our wives as well.
“Many of us will gather with family on Thanksgiving later this month and share in the many blessings God has given us. We all have so much to be thankful for, yet sometimes we take things and people for granted. This November we are going to count our blessings with 28 Days of Thanks for Dads. Below we’ve listed 28 ideas of things you can be thankful for to help you get started. Tweet and post as many as you’d like and you will be entered to win a $25 Starbucks Gift Card. Make sure to use the #28DaysOfThanks tag! The winner will be chosen on November 25th, 2013.
Follow the #28DaysOfThanks thread here!”
1: A family to come home to.
2. A wife who loves me.
3. A house that feels like a home.
4. Saturday morning bike rides with my wife.
5. A tight hug around my neck because daddy is home.
6. Coaching my son at the sport he loves.
7. Looking at my wife and knowing what she is saying without words.
8. Putting my arm around my wife and daughter during a sermon at church.
9. Sitting in the shade of our oak tree with my kids.
10. Noticing how much my infant has changed in one day.
11. Crying when I drive away from the dorm room.
12. Having a daughter who tells me that she wants to find a husband like me.
13. Having a wife who tells me I’m a great dad.
14. Making Saturday morning breakfast for my kids.
15. Family devotional time in mom and dad’s bed.
16. Faces on Christmas morning.
17. Holding hands during the Thanksgiving prayer.
18. Helping my kids find Easter eggs.
19. Halloween costumes.
20. Walking into the vacation cabin the first day.
21. Seeing my daughter dance at her recital.
22. Serving the needy with my family.
23. My grown daughters calling me for advice.
24. A wife to be in love with.
25. Mystery trips.
26. Getting a note from one of my kids.
27. Laughing with my family.
28. Impromptu family dance parties.
- 7 Things to Thank Your Wife For
- 10 Specific Compliments to Give Your Kids
© 2013 All Pro Dad. All Rights Reserved. Family First, All Pro Dad, iMOM, and Family Minute with Mark Merrill are registered trademarks.
“I am thankful for each one of you. What is one thing you are thankful for?”