I admit I yearn to live in warm weather state where there are no harsh, cold, snowy, and icy winters. But my kids are just the opposite! They can’t wait for the first snow to fall each winter. Although I’m not a fan of driving in and dealing with snow and ice, I really enjoy having some winter fun with my kids each year!
Are you the same? Do you enjoy the winter, or dread it, until the moment your kids ask you to go outside? Maybe the trick to make our winter fun and enjoyable is to find fun things to do in the Winter Wonderland we find ourselves in.
When we do that we can create a win-win situation. Our kids will enjoy it, they’ll love us even more, and we can then appreciate the season! Try these 20 fun things to do with kids in the winter:
1. Have a snow ball fight.
2. Visit your local zoo or children’s museum.
3. Catch snowflakes with your tongue.
4. Make snow angels.
5. Go watch a local hockey game.
6. Make a snowman.
7. Hangout in an outdoor hot tub.
8. Tell stories in front of the fire.
9. Enjoy hot cocoa with marshmallows.
10. Shovel snow (yes the kids can and will enjoy it).
11. Eat (white) snow cones from the back yard.
12. Make a hockey rink in your back yard.
13. Drive through neighborhoods looking at Christmas lights.
14. Go sledding.
15. Listen to Christmas carolers.
16. Make ginger bread houses.
17. Watch a movie marathon.
18. Build a blanket fort.
19. Go ice skating.
20. Have a video game day.
© 2014 All Pro Dad. All Rights Reserved. Family First, All Pro Dad, iMOM, and Family Minute with Mark Merrill are registered trademarks.
Huddle Up Question
I want to really enjoy spending time with you this winter. What is your favorite winter activity?