This past week technology helped me and hurt me. On Monday, I arrived home with my mind still on work. In fact, when I pulled into the driveway I was on the phone with my boss. After finishing the call, I went inside while checking email. Apparently, my wife said something to me, but it didn’t register. She tried again, but again, my face was in my phone. We had a long conversation later where I apologized. Everything was fine by the end of the night, but she was definitely hurt. Later in the week, we were sitting around before dinner and I had heard of a fun game app. We tried playing and ended up laughing and bonding a ton.Like anything, technology can be used for good or for bad.
Like anything, technology can be used for good or for bad. It made me think of how to use a smartphone in ways to make my marriage better. We decided to put our heads together to come up with 23 of the best ways to use a smartphone to love your wife. Try one of these today and see how your wife responds.
1. Wait until you’re in the same room and send a text that says “I love you”.
2. Watch a funny YouTube video together.
3. Find an app that you and your wife can play together.
4. Send a video of yourself saying “good morning”.
5. Use the calendar to set reminders to send her an encouraging text or email.
6. Take a picture of her on your phone and set it as your background.
7. Use your first dance song from your wedding and set it as your ringtone.
8. Download the Google Sky app and look at the stars together.
9. Send her a YouTube video of a song that reminds you of her.
10. Buy or send an iTunes gift card for her to download a few songs or a new app.
11. Text a short prayer for her.
12. Read the bible app daily together.
13. Play her favorite slow song on your phone and dance with her.
14. Call into a radio station she listens to and dedicate a song to her.
15. Send her a gif or meme you know she would think is funny.
16. Let your wife know your password.
17. Have a friend be accountable for your activity on your phone.
18. Facebook or tweet a love note to her.
19. Call her on your lunch break and tell her how much you love her.
20. Send a calendar appointment for date night.
21. Send her an old sentimental picture with a sweet message.
22. Handwrite a note; then take a picture of the note and text the picture to her.
23. Find a cute, funny or romantic graphic and text it to her.
Huddle Up Question
Huddle up with your kids and ask, “What is your favorite game to play?”