Holidays are great for creating some extra special memories with your kids, and Halloween is no exception. From loads of candy, fun costumes, and spooky decorations, October 31st always provides plenty of opportunities for fun—including Halloween brain teasers.
What good memory doesn’t include some good old belly laughs? Whether you’re known for your dad jokes or not, here are 20 Halloween brain teasers to throw at your kids. When you use them, you’ll have your family spellbound.
1. Where do ghosts go on vacation?
2. Luke’s father has three sons: Snap, Crackle, and ______.
3. How do you fix a damaged jack-o-lantern?
4. The haunted house is fifth from one end of the street and thirteenth from the other end of the street. How many houses are on the street?
5. How do you make a skeleton laugh?
6. Why did the vampire eat a light bulb?
7. What is a mummy’s favorite type of music?
8. I’m tall when I’m young, I’m short when I’m old, and every Halloween, I bring a jack-o-lantern life. What am I?
9. Why did the witch refuse to wear a flat hat?
10. What flies around the kindergarten room at night?
11. When does Halloween come after Christmas?
12. What do you get when you cross Tinkerbell with a werewolf?
13. What do you do when a monster sits in front of you in the movie theater?
14. When is it bad luck to see a black cat?
15. What types of roads do ghosts like to drive on?
16. Glinda took half the pumpkins in the pumpkin patch. Elphaba took half of the remaining pumpkins and four more. Then there were no pumpkins left. How many pumpkins were in the pumpkin patch to begin?
17. Why did the skeleton go to the barbecue?
18. Why are ghosts such bad liars?
19. You’re in a room and there is a ghost in the room, but you’re the only one in the room. How is this possible?
20. What do you get when you cross Bambi with a ghost?
1. Lake Erie
3. You use a pumpkin patch.
4. Seventeen houses
5. Tickle his funnybone!
6. He wanted a light snack!
7. Wrap music
8. A candle
9. There was no point in it.
10. The alpha-BAT
11. In the dictionary
12. A hairy fairy
13. Miss the movie.
14. When you are a mouse
15. Roads with dead ends
16. Sixteen pumpkins
17. To get a spare rib
18. You can see right through them.
19. You’re the ghost.
Looking for more Halloween fun? Take your kids on this Halloween scavenger hunt.
Sound off: What’s your favorite Halloween brain teaser to tell your kids?
Huddle Up Question
Huddle up with your kids and ask, “What are you planning to dress as for Halloween this year?”