Here are 10 tips for monitoring and protecting your kids on social networking websites:
1) Parents will know the password and have access to child's page.
2) Parents can customize their child's settings to make profile safer (privacy, visibility, etc).
3) Email of posts, friends, etc. come to family's home e-mail.
4) Parents will have an account on Facebook, and children must add and keep parents as "friends."
5) Children will not add strangers as friends, or use the Facebook "chat" application to talk to strangers.
6) Parents will set a limit on the time that children are allowed on Facebook.
7) The computer will be kept in a common area of the house, such as a living room or play room, where it will always be in easy view.
8) Children will not share personal information (address, phone number, pictures, etc.) with anyone on Facebook that they do not know well.
9) Children will immediately tell their parents if they see anything or talk to anyone on Facebook that makes them uncomfortable; and parents will take immediate action to block or report that material.
10) If the child breaks any of the set guidelines, his or her account will immediately be deleted and a probation period will begin until they re-earn their parents' trust.
For more detailed instructions on how to keep your kids safe on Facebook, watch this video.
Online Registration has closed.
Event is sold out!
Walk-up registrations will not be available the day of the event.
If you would like to be put on a waiting list for this event or future events, please fill out the form below.