Thanksgiving is a time to express gratitude to your loved ones for the many blessings in your life. One thing that might not get enough attention is laughter within your home. Laughing together is a great way to bond and create memories with your friends and family—plus it doesn’t hurt to be the one initiating the laughter. And you can do that using Thanksgiving brain teasers.
Get ready for some laughs at your table. Everyone loves a dad joke and a good riddle. But this holiday season, spice up your routine by tossing in some of these Thanksgiving brain teasers. We’ve got you covered with 20 good ones.
1. My fares were the Pilgrims’ as from England I did set sail. Though the journey was harsh, my passengers I did not fail. What am I?
2. Why did the turkey cross the road?
3. If it took three people four hours to roast a turkey, how many hours would it take four people to roast the same turkey?
4. At Thanksgiving dinner, which hand should you use to butter your roll?
5. What kind of key has legs but can’t open a door?
6. I can be hot or cold. I can be made with fruit, vegetable, or meat. But any way you see it, on a Thanksgiving table, I will be a treat. What am I?
7. I have ears but I cannot hear and I have flakes but I have no hair. What am I?
8. When the Pilgrims landed, where did they stand?
9. What do you get when you cross a turkey with a centipede?
10. What smells the best on Thanksgiving?
11. Can a turkey jump higher than the Empire State Building?
12. Which side of the turkey has the most feathers?
13. I am a 12-letter word, a compound word, and people celebrate me in the fall. What am I?
14. If you feel scared on Halloween and jolly on Christmas, how do you feel on Thanksgiving?
15. If a tur-key has a key, and a don-key also has a key, what would you expect a monkey to have?
16. You reap what you sow because of me. Remove the first three letters and I become an object you can wear. What am I?
17. What sound does a limping turkey make?
18. What’s blue and covered with feathers?
19. What’s the best thing to put into a pumpkin pie?
20. What did the pumpkin say to the turkey on Thanksgiving?
1. The Mayflower
2. To prove he wasn’t chicken
3. Zero—the turkey is already cooked.
4. Neither—you should use a knife.
5. A turKEY
6. A pie
8. On their feet
9. Lots of drumsticks
10. Your nose
11. Yes—a building can’t jump at all.
12. The outside
15. A banana
17. Wobble, wobble
18. A turkey holding its breath
19. Your teeth
20. You’re lucky you’re only eaten on one holiday! This is my second one in a month!
Sound off: What are some of your favorite Thanksgiving brain teasers?
Huddle Up Question
Huddle up with your kids and ask, “What is your favorite thing about Thanksgiving?”