Many have heard me, but no one has seen me, and I will not speak back until spoken to. What am I?
Think about that for a moment and look below to see the answer. Don’t we all love riddles? Well, one thing is certain, kids love riddles and they’re a fun way to inspire conversation. Below are 20 great riddles for kids.
Answer to the riddle above: An echo.
1. A doctor and a boy were fishing. The boy was the doctor’s son, but the doctor was not the boy’s father. Who was the doctor?
2. If six children and two dogs weren’t under an umbrella, how come none of them got wet?
Because it wasn’t raining.
3. Almost everyone needs it, asks for it, gives it, but almost nobody takes it. What is it?
4. A man was driving a black truck. His lights were not on. The moon was not out. A lady was crossing the street. How did the man see her?
It was a bright, sunny day.
5. How many animals did Moses take on the ark?
Moses didn’t take anything on the ark. Noah did.
6. What is something you can put in your pocket that keeps it empty?
A large hole.
7. What belongs to you but is used more by others?
8. What gets wet when drying?
9. What comes once in a minute, twice in a moment, but never in a thousand years?
The letter M.
10. A man started to town with a fox, a goose, and a sack of corn. He came to a stream which he had to cross in a tiny boat. He could only take one across at a time. He could not leave the fox alone with the goose or the goose alone with the corn. How did he get them all safely over the stream?
He took the goose over first and came back. Then he took the fox across and brought the goose back. Next, he took the corn over. He came back alone and took the goose.
11. I sometimes run, but I cannot walk. You always follow me around. What am I?
12. What is black when you buy it, red when you use it, and white when you are done with it?
13. I am not alive, but I grow; I don’t have lungs, but I need air; I don’t have a mouth, but water kills me. What am I?
14. There are 3 apples for 2 sons and 2 fathers to eat. Each of them gets their own apple. How is it numerically possible?
They are one son, one father, and one grandfather.
15. What has a face and two hands, but no arms or legs?
16. What has to be broken before you can use it?
17. What is as big as an elephant, but weighs nothing at all?
The shadow of an elephant.
18. There were two ducks in front of a duck, two ducks behind a duck, and one duck in the middle. How many ducks were there in total?
19. What vehicle is spelled the same backwards and forwards?
20. If you drop a yellow hat in the Red Sea, what does it become?
Jokes and riddles are a great way to get your family to laugh more. Want more riddles? Our friends over at iMOM have compiled over 300 Awesome Riddles for Kids. Try some today. Need more help in keeping the fun conversations rolling? Try out some brain teasers on your family.
Huddle up with your kids and tell them some riddles.