10 Ways to Make Your Wife Feel Beautiful
The National Eating Disorder Association found that 80% of women are unhappy with their weight. Pop culture is a big factor in that. 75% of women portrayed in sitcoms are officially underweight. The average American woman is 5? 4” and weighs 140 lbs. The average model is 5? 11? and weighs 117 lbs. Our culture’s definition of a beautiful body is getting more and more unrealistic. And this twisting is causing many women, perhaps your wife to feel unattractive.
So, as a loving husband, you have to counteract our culture. Implement the following 10 ways to make your wife feel beautiful and watch her eyes sparkle like the diamond in her wedding ring.
1. Tell her she is beautiful.
You don’t have to read Norman Vincent Peale’s Power of Positive Thinking to understand this truth.
2. Make sure she catches you looking – at her.
Perception is built on small details. A glance, a word, a raised eyebrow, a smile.
3. Never view pornography or “girlie” magazines – the message will be clear.
A husband more interested in other women devastates his wife’s self-esteem.
4. Never compare her negatively to other women.
If you really believe your wife needs to look better, tell her she’s beautiful now. If you want her to lose weight like her sister, or get toned like your neighbor, the last thing you should do is point that out.
5. Place her picture prominently on your desk and carry it in your wallet.
Introduce her to your friends as, “My awesome, beautiful wife.” In other words, develop and support a culture of positive regard.
6. Shower her with gifts and tokens of love at unexpected moments.
Communicate how valuable she is. Nothing does the job like unconditional, generous, spontaneous love.
7. Compliment her in front of your children.
Make sure your kids know how special, how beautiful, and how loved their mother is. They will repackage those sentiments. The truth will leak out and do its work.
8. Purchase intimate apparel, have it gift wrapped, and leave the package for her with a love note.
Need we say more? I don’t think so.
9. Be deliberate about romance.
Remember suave, debonair, charming, courteous, sophisticated, and romantic? Be that guy.
10. Treat your own physique with respect.
Let your wife see how you respect your body and your health. Self-respect is a value that replicates within the family. “My wife deserves the best that I can be…”
What do you do to make your wife feel beautiful?